November 17-19 (Wed.-Fri.), 2021
APLAS was a symposium originally established to discuss about the topics relevant to landfill issues. Recently, the APLAS has become a major international meeting in the Asia-Pacific region for the discussion of waste problems among research, policy-making and industrial communities. The role of APLAS is thus to solve waste management problems from the viewpoints of regional and global environmental sustainability.
This symposium will address the advancements and challenges in the fields of waste policy and legislation, industrial practices, waste collection and transportation, resource recycling and recovery technologies, integrated waste management (biological treatments, thermal treatments, landfilling, and landfill restoration), waste-to-energy strategies, and hazardous waste management.
Postponing of the 11 th APLAS ( APlAS 20) Due to the pandemic of Covid 19, APLAS 20 has been posponed to be on 17- 19 November 2021. The content of program will be annonced perodically.
The official language used in this symposium is English.
Content of Symposium
- Oral and Poster Presentations
- Business Sessions and Exhibition
Schedule and Deadlines
- Abstract Submission :: April 15, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance :: May 31, 2021
- Full Paper Submission :: June 30, 2021
Main Session Topics
- Waste management policy, planning, practices and challenges
- Innovative methods for waste prevention, reduction, collection, transportation, and characterizations
- Safe and reliable solid waste utilization, recycling, materials recovery, and waste-to-energy strategies
- Mechanical, biological and thermal treatment technologies of waste -current development trends and technological progresses
- Sustainable landfilling, landfill designs, gas collection, leachate treatments, and landfill aftercare and restoration
- Bioenergy and bio-products from waste and biomass (anaerobic digestion, biofuels, biochar, landfill gas utilization, etc.)
- Hazardous, industrial and special waste management (E-waste, C&D waste, medical waste, etc.)
- Country reports
Abstract Submission Instruction
- If you are interested to present a paper, please download the abstract template from the symposium website.
- Oral or Poster. The committee will notify your submission outcome and the presentation type (if accepted).
- USD 500per person; For early bird registration (before July 30, 2021) USD 450 per person.
- USD 350 for members of universities and institutions in developing countries who register before July 30, 2021
- USD 300 for university students who register before July 30, 2021
Business Sessions & Exhibition
Business sessions and exhibition, one of the highlights of this symposium, are available for industrial and commercial sectors operating in the areas of waste treatment and management, to share their practice and technology with participants.
Call for exhibitors running their booths at the venue. Please contact the Secretariat for more details.
Symposium Banquet and Tour
- November 18 (Thu.): Closing Ceremony Banquet
- November 19 (Fri.): Technical Tour (Banquet and tour are included in the registration fee, excluding student registration rate)
The Twin Towers Hotel Bangkok
88 Rong Muang, Bangkok 10330, Thailand. https://www.thetwintowershotel.com/
- The Twin Towers Hotel Bangkok, an urban accommodation of modern design ideal for business and leisure trips. Its spacious areas hotel near MBK shopping Mall, its 4-star services and its excellent quality price ratio make this hotel in the centre of Bangkok one of the most complete, comfortable and best located accommodations in the city. It is located at the heart of the commercial and business area of the city, so it is ideal for business trips.
APLAS 2021 Local Organizing Committee
The Environmental Association of Thailand
122/4 Soi Rewadee, Rama VI Road, Samsen Nai, Piyathai, Bangkok, 10400.
- The Environmental Engineering Association of Thailand (EEAT)
- The Landfill System & Technologies Research, Association of Japan, NPO(NPO-LSA)
Founder of APLAS
Professor Masataka HANASHIMA
Professor Thares Srisatit (President of EEAT, Thailand)
Professor Toru FURUICHI (President of NPO. LSA, Japan)
Chair : Assoc. Prof. Dr. Wanpen Wirojanagud (Vice President of EEAT, Thailand)
Associate Chair1: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chart Chiemchaisri (Board Committee of EEAT, Thailand)
Associate Chair2: Asst. Prof. Dr. Achariya Suriyawong (Secretary General of EEAT, Thailand)
APLAS Permanent Office in NPO.LSA (Japan) Secretary General
Dr. Kazuei Ishii Mr. Fumiyoshi Ohno