November 17-19 (Wed.-Fri.), 2021
The Twin Towers Hotel Bangkok, Thailand
APLAS was a symposium originally established to discuss about the topics relevant to landfill issues. Recently, the APLAS has become a major international meeting in the Asia-Pacific region for the discussion of waste problems among research, policy-making and industrial communities. The role of APLAS is thus to solve waste management problems from the viewpoints of regional and global environmental sustainability.
This symposium will address the advancements and challenges in the fields of waste policy and legislation, industrial practices, waste collection and transportation, resource recycling and recovery technologies, integrated waste management (biological treatments, thermal treatments, landfilling, and landfill restoration), waste-to-energy strategies, and hazardous waste management. The official language used in this symposium is English.
The conference will substantially consist of keynote/invited speakers, oral and poster presentations Due to the pandemic of Corona 19, EEAT has a solution on this matter by online oral presentation.
Main Session Topics
- Waste management policy, planning, practices and challenges
- Innovative methods for waste prevention, reduction, collection, transportation, and characterizations
- Safe and reliable solid waste utilization, recycling, materials recovery, and waste-to-energy strategies
- Mechanical, biological and thermal treatment technologies of waste -current development trends and technological progresses
- Sustainable landfilling, landfill designs, gas collection, leachate treatments, and landfill aftercare and restoration
- Bioenergy and bio-products from waste and biomass (anaerobic digestion, biofuels, biochar, landfill gas utilization, etc.)
- Hazardous, industrial and special waste management (E-waste, C&D waste, medical waste, etc.)
- Country reports
Content of Symposium
- Oral Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- Online Oral Presentations
- Business Sessions and Exhibition
Schedule and Deadlines
|Abstract Submission||April 15, 2021|
|Notification of Acceptance||May 31, 2021|
|Full Paper Submission||June 30, 2021|
The papers accepted for both oral and poster presentation will be published as follows.
- Full papers
- Proceeding Hard Copy
- Proceeding e-Documents
- Papers that have been reviewed as "excellence" are qualified to be published in "Thai Environmental Engineering Journal"
Abstract Submission Instruction
- If you are interested to present a paper, please download the abstract submission form.
- Oral or Poster. The committee will notify your submission outcome and the presentation type (if accepted).
Business Sessions & Exhibition
Business sessions and exhibition, one of the highlights of this symposium, are available for industrial and commercial sectors operating in the areas of waste treatment and management, to share their practice and technology with participants.
Call for exhibitors running their booths at the venue. Please contact the Secretariat for more details.
Symposium Banquet and Tour
- November 18 (Thu.)
- Closing Ceremony Banquet
- November 19 (Fri.)
- Technical Tour (Banquet and tour are included in the registration fee, excluding student registration rate)
The Twin Towers Hotel Bangkok
88 Rong Muang, Bangkok 10330, Thailand.
- The Twin Towers Hotel Bangkok, an urban accommodation of modern design ideal for business and leisure trips. Its spacious areas hotel near MBK shopping Mall, its 4-star services and its excellent quality price ratio make this hotel in the centre of Bangkok one of the most complete, comfortable and best located accommodations in the city. It is located at the heart of the commercial and business area of the city, so it is ideal for business trips.
- Organized by
- The Environmental Engineering Association of Thailand (EEAT)
- The Landfill System & Technologies Research, Association of Japan, NPO (NPO-LSA)
- Founder of APLAS
- Professor Masataka HANASHIMA
- Professor Thares Srisatit (President of EEAT, Thailand)
- Professor Professor Kazuei ISHII (President of NPO. LSA, Japan)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Wanpen Wirojanagud (Vice President of EEAT, Thailand)
- Associate Chair
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chart Chiemchaisri (Board Committee of EEAT, Thailand)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Achariya Suriyawong (Secretary General of EEAT, Thailand)
- APLAS Permanent Office in NPO.LSA (Japan) Secretary General
- Mr. Fumiyoshi Ohno
After July 30
August 31, 2021
Early bird Before
July 30, 2021
Thai EEAT member 4,000 Baht 3,000 Baht Non or expired
4,500 Baht 3,500 Baht International Presenter US$ 500 US$ 450 Members of universities and institutions in developing countries US$ 400 US$ 350 Student US$ 350 US$ 300
After April 30
Till October 1, 2021
Early bird Before
August 31, 2021
Thai EEAT member 3,500 Baht 3,000 Baht Non or expired
3,500 Baht Student 2,500 Baht International Participant US$ 500 US$ 450 Student US$ 350 US$ 300
Check or payment to saving account or money order:“Environmental Engineering Association of Thailand” Bank Transfer: Savings Account No.
- 053-1-24040-3, Bank of Ayudhya Plc., Klong Prapa Branch (SWIFT Code: AYUDTHBK)
- 056-2-32298-0, Siam Commercial Bank Plc., Aree Sampan Branch (SWIFT Code: SICOTHBK)
Environmental Engineering Association of Thailand (EEAT)
Tel: (662) 617-1530-1 Fax: (662) 279-9720